As a Pilates instructor, it is quiet likely for you to get hurt or get an injury. Imagine this while performing or demonstrating one of the Pilates exercise and trying to perfect it, you pull a muscle. This could be true too while helping a student and the student is hurt, he can sue you for the same. How do you protect yourself? Pilates Instructor Insurance pay up for medical bills and protects you from financial losses.
When you are working with an organization, which is owned by someone else, their insurance does not cover you and will not protect you. Most gyms, studios and schools require to have your own insurance.
For you to be eligible of /instructor insurance, it is important that you have completed a certified training program and must provide a copy of your training while applying for insurance. To facilitate and help the instructors completely to protect themselves, their business and even their family against any consequences, insurance companies cover and protect you at a competitive rate.
1. General Liability insurance: It protects you from financial loss. If a student is injured and sues you for negligence, if not insured with this policy, you will have to pay for losses from your own pocket. This insurance takes care of such loses occurred.
2. Personal injury liability insurance: Protects you against suits involving libel, slander or wrongful invasion of privacy.
3. Product liability insurance: Insures your apparatus. The aggregate limit is $ 100000.
4. Miscellaneous professional liability insurance: Protects against bodily injury arising out of rendering or failing to render professional services.
5. Sexual abuse liability insurance: The insurance cover in such cases per occurrence is $ 100000 and $ 300000 is aggregate limit.
6. Professional indemnity: It indemnifies the insured against claims for compensation for breach of professional duty because of any negligence by the way of act, error, omission or misstatement or misleading advice. This insurance is must for Pilates instructor.
Pilates instructor need to renew their insurance prior to expiry. The registration of the insurance should be current at all times to maintain the currency of your insurance. It is the responsibility of the individual to maintain their insurance cover and no company will accept responsibility for a claim made during a period for which there is o cover. It is the responsibility of the Pilates instructors to advice their insurance company of any change of address so that notices can be sent in a timely fashion.
As a Pilates instructor, a malpractice lawsuit could be put on you when you had least expected it. At that critical moment, your Pilates Instructor Insurance will be the most reassuring thing. In today’s litigious society, professional insurance has become essential element of the business liability insurance portfolio. Professional liability insurance has broadened to include coverage for a wide range of professionals and students practicing in the healthcare related arena including Pilates Instructor Insurance.