The manufacturers of beauty care products have blatantly ignored men while persistently pursuing women. Decade ago beauty regime, cosmetics, etc were considered a female’s prerogative. So what’s new? There is a clear blurring of gender lines in today’s world. Eyebrow plucking, facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, hair removal and hair colours, which were regaled to women only, now find a mention in men’s list for beauty.
Men have shown interest in taking better care of their skin. Simple daily ritual of cleansing and moisturizing is the key to healthy beautiful skin. Men’s skin care products include moisturizing creams, cleansers, face and body wash, scrubs, exfoliant and night renewal cream with a variety of natural ingredients for example sea salt, coconut, Aloe Vera and even beer.
Men’s skin is 20% thicker than woman’s skin because it’s richer in collagen and elastin. The active sebaceous glands make the skin much oilier. No matter what is your skin type, you have to clean your face daily. Deep cleansing keeps the pores clear, skin healthy and good looking. Just like women’s skin, men’s skin is also prone to dehydration, sun damage, changes in the environment like air pollution, climate etc. Basic cleansing, protection and moisturizing after shaving is an effective skin care routine.
– Daily face washing will unclog the pores and help in prevention of variety of skin conditions such pimples, acne, ingrown hair, etc.
– Daily shaving of their face makes the skin prone to dehydration. Use shaving creams or foams designed for specific skin type.
– If your skin is prone to imperfections such nicks, pimples, etc after shaving; soothe the skin with moisturizer or after-shave lotion.
– Sunscreens are not only for women. Men’s skin should also be protected against the sun. Buy sunscreen or moisturizers with SPF of 15 or above.
– Steam your face before shaving. It opens up hair follicles. Splash cold water on your face after shaving to close the pores on the skin. Aloe Vera is a wonderful post shave moisturizer.
– The use of the correct oils for oily and acne prone skins can be very helpful. Essential oils like lavender, sage, mint and tea tree are naturally antiseptic, active and help heal the skin.
– Eat a balanced diet and stay active. Up your intake of fruits and vegetables and avoid greasy fried foods. Exercising clears your pores and increases your metabolism and sweating cleanses your inner body.
– Drink plenty of water daily to keep your skin hydrated. If consume liqueur, beverages or soft drinks, increase your water intake to keep your self from being dehydrated.
Skin care for men is akin to women’s skin care regime. Clean your skin every day and moisturize your skin for healthy beautiful looking skin.