Many people may not realize how many women have a problem with excess facial hair, it’s not something most women like to talk about. There are several ways people can get rid of unwanted hair and one of the best is by using wax. For women who tend to get hair on their upper lip, waxing upper lip can provide long term hair loss and it can be done right at home.
There are several reasons why waxing is a great method for removing unwanted hair, not just unwanted facial hair but from anywhere on the body:
1. Waxing is inexpensive compared with other methods. Even if you opt to go to a salon and get it professionally done, it’s still much less money that having electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments.
2. It is easy enough that you can do it yourself right at home. You can make the wax yourself or buy a kit at your local drug store. Both will be very effective and easy to use.
3. Waxing is much longer lasting than shaving ( the other most commonly used method for hair removal) and you won’t get the bumps of razor burn, though you will probably have some redness for a few hours after waxing.
If you want to try waxing as a way to get rid of your unwanted facial hair, here are the steps you need to take in order to get optimal results:
1. Prep the upper lip area before waxing by using a gentle cleaner. Thoroughly dry off the lip after you’ve cleaned the area.
2. Carefully read all instructions first so you know what to do. When it comes time to heat the wax, start with the lowest temperature possible in order to get the proper results. Stir the wax and test a small amount on your wrist to make sure it isn’t too hot, the last thing you want to do is to burn yourself. The wax will be the consistency of honey when it is ready to apply.
3. Use the stick included with the kit, or if you’ve made your own wax just use a popsicle type stick that you can get at beauty counters or craft stores, apply a thin layer of wax to the upper lip area. You may want to do half the upper lip area at one time and then do the other half so the wax doesn’t cool too much and get hard.
4. Take some cloth and place it directly over the wax above the lips, press it down firmly so the cloth sticks to the wax, firmly and quickly pull the cloth off the wax in a downward motion (make sure to use your fingers to hold the surrounding skin taut). Repeat with the other side.
5. Use the wax remover supplied, or use some lotion, and gently remove all the wax residue. Then to soothe the skin, apply some gentle lotion to the area. You can also use an ice cube that will numb the area and reduce the swelling while getting rid of the sting.
To get the best results you will need your hair to grow out until it is at least a quarter of an inch in length, if you don’t, the wax won’t have enough hair to stick to and your results won’t be very good.
Waxing upper lip is a great way to get rid of unwanted facial hair, it’s cheap, easy and will provide long lasting results.