What’s the “REAL DEAL” on HGH (Human Growth Hormone) anyway?

Human Growth Hormone was first discovered in 1956 and its structure was identified in 1972. It was extracted from cadavers, sold at very high prices, and injected with needles into the body.

In mid-1998 the 191 chain Hgh molecule was genetically engineered in the laboratory. Since then all HGH is synthetically produced and HGH from cadavers is no longer in use. Synthetic HGH (Somatrophin) is available to us now in two forms. One is through a costly doctor’s pharmaceutical prescription, and secondly at a reasonable price through a homeopathic oral spray. A third therapy alternative would be Secretogogues and Stacked Amino products which contain absolutely no HGH. The idea here is to coax your own body, by stimulating the Pituitary Gland, to produce more of it’s own HGH. Unfortunately this latter therapy works for only a month or two.

It should be noted that the Federal Drug Administration does not allow any nutritional product (HGH pills) to claim that it can “cure” any disease. However, the FDA does approve Pharmaceutical drugs and Homeopathic preparations to claim they can cure a particular disease and the testing to achieve this status is quite rigorous as we all know.

So, a doctor is permitted to prescribe Human Growth Hormone to a patient for anti-aging even though it is approved by the FDA only as a cure for dwarfism. The Pharmaceutical manufacturer is not permitted to suggest it’s use as an anti-aging therapy, only as a treatment for dwarfism, and one company ended up paying substantial fines and penalties for doing just that.

The large majority of Homeopathic remedies do, with FDA approval, claim to cure various ailments. Homeopathic HGH is one of only a handful of preparations that claims to “cure” nothing. 21st Century HGH is manufactured at an FDA monitored and approved laboratory. The curious difference between pharmaceutical HGH (hgh prescription shots) and homeopathic HGH (oral spray) is that even though the former injects huge amounts of the actual hormone, compared to only a miniscule amount in the homeopathic preparation, the rejuvenation levels are remarkably similar!

Being very conservative the idea of stimulating my own body’s production of HGH through nutritional supplements sounded the most “natural” to me. However, the authoritative Physician’s Desk Reference Manual rates different forms of absorption by the body and yields eye-opening information. It says that when you swallow a pill, less than 10% of the nutrient actually gets into the blood stream. The other 90% is processed as waste by the gastrointestinal tract.

Oral absorption through the mucosa (the lining of the mouth) is the preferred choice of medical experts because the body absorbs 90% of the nutrient into the bloodstream. That’s a huge difference. What was not a big difference to us, but was still very interesting, was that oral absorption (90%) was higher than intra-muscular injection (80%).

So, piling a bunch of substances into my body in the form of stacked amino acids and secretagogues, most of which would actually pass through me, just to coax my Pituitary Gland into a little bit of action didn’t seem like a plan to me.

The Human Growth Hormone market is beset by some overzealous marketeers who sometimes make claims that are somewhat misleading, especially in the area of human growth hormone clinical studies. I’ve read through many entire websites which make claims, based on pharmaceutical HGH, that imply the same results will occur with their nutritional product. They are just “fast talking” their clientel and many have had action taken against them by the Federal Trade Commission.

If you are interested in a great rejuvenation therapy stick to either pharmaceutical injections under the care of a doctor or homeopathic oral sprays that can be purchased over-the-counter. The FDA has approved oral sprays for over the counter sales. They are generic in nature. There is only one “recipe” that works and all the companies use this recipe. Beware of companies that claim that their oral spray is more potent than the next. It’s impossible.

Good Luck and Happy Living!

Leave a Comment